What is How2Recycle?How2Recycle is a project of the Sustainable Packaging Coalition. How2Recycle is a voluntary, standardized labeling system that clearly communicates recycling instructions to the public.
How2Recycle's goals are to:
|✔||Reduce confusion by creating a clear, well-understood, and nationally harmonized label that enables industries to convey to consumers how to recycle a package.|
|✔||Improve the reliability, completeness, and transparency of recyclability claims.|
|✔||Provide a labeling system that follows Federal Trade Commission Green Guides.|
|✔||Increase the availability and quality of recycled material. See more at: www.how2recycle.info.|
The labels tell consumers:
|✔||How to prepare material for recycling.|
|✔||If the product falls into one of How2Recycle’s four categories – widely recycled, check locally, not yet recycled, or store drop-off.|
|✔||The type of material the product is made of.|
|✔||The specific packaging component that the label is referring too.|
Polyair and How2Recycle
The following Polyair product lines have been approved to use the How2Recycle labeling system. These products are typically not accepted through curbside recycling or community recycling centers. All these products are recyclable at store drop off locations (where applicable) for plastic bags:
- Polyair Fastpak courier envelopes feature polyethylene with superior tear and puncture resistance. The silver/grey inner layer provides contents privacy and the white outer surface is ideal for high quality printing. Fastpak envelopes are made from 100% polyethylene and are store drop off recyclable.
- Polyair Xpak bubble mailers combine the tear, weather and puncture resistance of a courier envelope with the cushioning of a Duraliner bubble lined mailer. XPAKs are also made from 100% polyethylene. The white outer surface is ideal for high-quality printing.
- Polyair Durabubble RP has been engineered to stretch beyond its original size. This unique feature provides Durabubble RP an unmatched ability to be tightly wrapped around the contours of products, regardless of shape and size; protecting edges and sharp corners from damage. Available in both standard and anti-static form, Durabubble RP is highly puncture resistant, and is made with non-slip polyethylene film.
- The exclusive high-performance line of Polyair AirSpace™ air pillows are user-friendly and cost-effective void fill packaging material. They can also be printed on for a customized “inside-the-box” solution. Our AirSpace G-Series machines produce air pillows for low- to high-volume e-commerce packaging operations with a small footprint and light weight for portability.
Polyair also offers protective packaging products that are curbside recyclable and have been approved to use the How2Recycle labeling system:
- Polyair PaperSpace systems offer paper protective packaging solutions that are versatile, cost effective, easy-to-use, and eco-friendly. PaperSpace products can be used for blocking, bracing, cushioning and void fill. PaperSpace products are made with 70-100% post-consumer recycled content and are 100% curbside recyclable!